There is an entire makeover you can give your medicine cabinet. Trade in those over the counter medications for natural plant based remedies. Don’t want to just toss out all that unused medicine? You can incorporate natural medicine with it instead. The choice is yours, that’s one amazing thing about essential oils. You can use them alone or with modern medicine to achieve benefits! I personally like to use a multi-focal approach to my family’s healthcare and use a mixture of natural and modern medicine.
Oils to have in your cabinet
- Lavender – use for burns, irritated skin, bug bites, eye infections, and sleep aid.
- Lemon – sore throat, stop nose bleeds, sanitize, and detox.
- Clove – powerful analgesic for numbing wounds and toothaches
- Peppermint – fever reducer, headache reducer, relieve nausea and vomiting, respiratory aid, and ant repellent.
- Melaleuca – (tea tree) wound antiseptic, antimicrobial, and when used with Oregano they create a powerful antibiotic/antiviral.
- Frankincense – healing properties, ant-inflammatory, skin soothing, and anti-scarring. Great for headaches.
- Digestzen – anti diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach and heart burn.
- On Guard – immune support
Swap these for those
- Tylenol for fever – Apply 1-2 drops of peppermint and carrier oil to back of neck and down spine, on bottoms of feet.
- Neosporin – Equal drops lavender, frankincense and melaleuca with a carrier oil.
- Orajel – Place a drop of clove in a small amount of water and swish, swallow.
- Pepto Bismol – rub 1 drop Digestzen and carrier oil on stomach.
- Tums – run 1 drop Digestzen and carrier oil over chest.
- Burn gel – apply lavender directly to burn, multiple times as needed to alleviate pain.
- Excedrin – apply frankincense to forehead, temples and back of neck. Also in addition or on it’s own use peppermint aromatically and place one drop in hands, rub together, cup hands and inhale. Rub excess on back of neck.
- Airborne – place 1 drop of On Guard under tongue daily to support a healthy immune system.
You can choose to swap out your medicine cabinet or even just add to it!! You never can have too many options when it comes to healing! The choice is yours😃.