Lemon is uplifting and cleansing. It helps to expand energy and reduce depression and tension. It is generally sourced from Spain, Italy, France, and S. Africa. Lemon is cold pressed.
- Has significant anti-pain properties.
- Anti-inflammatory activity.
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
- Can decrease both physical and psychological stress.
- Can tighten tissues.
- Has a cooling effect.
- Can have a diuretic effect.
- Helps detox the body by increasing the synthesis of enzymes in the liver.
Blends Well With:
- Black Pepper
- Juniper Berry
Lemon essential oil is phototoxic if more than 12 drops per 1 oz of carrier oil is used. A severe skin reaction can occur if exposed to u.v. light up to 18 hours after application.
Keep in mind the experation date from when the oil was distilled. Citrus oils generally last a year. They oxidize fairly quickly compared to other oils, and can cause skin irritation when used topically if this has occurred. Store in a cool dry place and replace yearly.